Skip to content

Monthly challenge, Arc 6 - March

Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 306 admin
edited March 31 in News & Announcements

The monthly challenges consist of a weekday challenge to award a ‘ticket’ prize car (common or uncommon), followed by a weekend challenge gated by these ticket prize cars and a 'mystery manufacturer' requirement. Three months make one arc, and the final weekend challenge of an arc awards a prize car.

Arc 6 March qualifier:
Sunday  28th March 10am UTC - Monday 5th April 9am UTC
Beat the qualifier challenge to win a 1983 Alfa Romeo Spider (S3), NOT AVAILABLE FROM PACKS. This will grant access to the Spider (S3) owner’s challenge.

Arc 6 March Spider (S3) owners’ challenge:
Saturday 3rd April 10am UTC - Friday 9th April 10am UTC
Only Spider (S3) owners can enter this special challenge. The challenge will require cars from one particular manufacturer: the clue is “avoiding.kick.mole”! Prizes include 8 slots, a Ceramic pack, a Carbon Fiber pack, and the Legendary 2016 KTM X-Bow GT4 prize car.

Arc 6 March Spider (S3) owners’ challenge, requirements and main prizes at end of each section:
Rounds 1-3: 1x Alfa Romeo (S3), win 3k cash
Rounds 4-6: 1x mystery manufacturer, win a Ceramic pack
Rounds 7-9: 2x Alfa Romeo (S2), win 6k cash
Rounds 10-12: 2x mystery manufacturer, win 8 slots
Rounds 13-15: 2x Alfa Romeo (S1), win 12k cash
Rounds 16-18: 3x mystery manufacturer, win a Carbon Fiber pack
Rounds 19-21: 3x Alfa Romeo (S3), win 15k cash
Rounds 22-24: 4x mystery manufacturer, win the Legendary 2016 KTM X-Bow GT4 prize car

Changes in format
With the new challenge system, you will notice a few changes from previous monthly challenges:
- Instead of tickets you now have ‘attempts’. These are only consumed when you 3-star a round, so you can keep trying different combinations of cars to beat a round without penalty.
- The Arc 6 qualifier has 25 rounds, runs for 6 days, and will grant 5 attempts a day at 10am UTC. (Due to an error, the challenge started 1 hour early, so some players got a head-start).
- The Spider owner’s challenge has 24 rounds, runs for 4 days, and will grant 8 attempts per day at 10am UTC.
- This means you can miss one day and still be able to complete both challenges.
- The Spider owner’s challenge now starts before the qualifier challenge has finished! For players who miss these notes, this will make it more obvious why you need the Spider (S3). Also, players that don’t miss a day completing the qualifier challenge can get a head start on the owner’s challenge.
- Challenges no longer have prize boards. The equivalent value of the prize boards in cash and gold you would have earned for beating the challenge (and some farming) has been added to the different stages of the ladder.

Additional notes:
These monthly challenges are designed to reward committed players, so once you have completed challenges in three arcs in a row, the prize cars you collected will qualify you for weekend challenges to win a Carbon Fiber every month, and prize cars at the end of each arc.
For example:
To win the prize car from Arc 6, you’ll need at least 2 of the ticket prize cars from Arcs 5 and 4
To win the prize car from Arc 7, you’ll need at least 2 of the ticket prize cars from Arcs 6 and 5
To win the prize car from Arc 8, you’ll need at least 2 of the ticket prize cars from Arcs 7 and 6
… and so on. Speaking of prizes…

Next prize cars and requirements
The next 3 arcs of the monthly challenge will be as follows:
Arc 7, concluding June 2021: prize car to be confirmed. Will require Alfa Romeo Spider (S2) and Alfa Romeo Spider (S3).
Arc 8, concluding September 2021: prize car to be confirmed. Will require Alfa Romeo Spider (S3).
Arc 9, concluding December 2021: prize car to be confirmed.
Post edited by Hutch_Dmitri on

Comments

• AslanVAslanV Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭
    Why limiting the number of attempt to 5 ?

In the North America we sleep at 10AM in the UK, making it shorter.

Aslo if we have to update cars to clear a step, we can be quickly screwed :/
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We used to get 8 tickets a day before, 5 makes it a lot more of an issue if we need to upgrade cars near the end
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not making much excitement or celebration out of it being the end of a year-long challenge huh?

Same utterly stingey cash rewards, slots and packs, just a mediocre legendary tacked on the end. Woot.
  • ixiixi Posts: 4
    And no farming at last stage... great move Hutch!!
  • Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 306 admin
    Players have raised concerns that under the new format, someone that misses a couple of days of the monthly qualifier challenge would miss out on the Legendary KTM prize. In response to this, we have extended the end date of this challenge from Saturday to Monday 5th April 9am UTC. This means the challenge will run for 8 days in total.

The Spider (S3) owner’s challenge will also start later and run for longer to accommodate this. It will now run from Saturday 3rd April 10am UTC to Friday 9th April 10am UTC.
    Thank you, 

Maybe we did worry for nothing, it is just new format and high stake challenge make people (At least me) uncomfortable...
  • Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 306 admin
    Just made a small edit to the main post.

Changes as follows:

Qualifier:
    Sunday  28th March 10am UTC - Saturday 3rd April 10am UTC
    should now be -> Sunday  28th March 10am UTC - Monday 5th April 9am UTC

Owner’s:
    Thursday 1st April 10am UTC - Monday 4th April 10am UTC
    should now be -> Saturday 3rd April 10am UTC - Friday 9th April 10am UTC
  • ulloessenulloessen Posts: 2
    Again the Alfa Romeo Spider (S2) needed !!
    I think now it's the third time it's needed - and I don't have it!
    And I see, it will be needed in Arc 7 again !

What's wrong with you, Hutch: why do you hate me?

Give me a chance to win it..

And what does this mean:
    "... you’ll need at least 2 of the ticket prize cars from Arc xxx ..."
    --> as far as I can see, in today's challange you need 7 (!) of them: 2x S2 and 2x S1 and 3x S3

Hutch:
    I pay a lot and I play a lot, but in the last times Arc only frustates me.
    And I think it frustrates a lot more people!
  • TopDrives34865TopDrives34865 Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    ulloessen said:
    Again the Alfa Romeo Spider (S2) needed !!
    I think now it's the third time it's needed - and I don't have it!
    And I see, it will be needed in Arc 7 again !

What's wrong with you, Hutch: why do you hate me?

Give me a chance to win it..

And what does this mean:
    --> as far as I can see, in today's challange you need 7 (!) of them: 2x S2 and 2x S1 and 3x S3

Hutch:
    I pay a lot and I play a lot, but in the last times Arc only frustates me.
    And I think it frustrates a lot more people!
    I gave been playing for a year and a half now, and this is the first arc I am materially (I have 3× the 3 alfas) able to pass.

Also @Hutch_Dmitri no Porsche CF for the KTM challenge ?
    There is some CF Porsches available for me,

This has been said again and again for the spider... And if you don't have the S2, i guess you don't have the S1 ?

The KTM is a challenge for long term players 
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    ulloessen said:
    And what does this mean:
    Two from each Arc, not two combined from those two Arcs. As well as all three from the current arc. 

This is the sole long term event in game, every other prize car can be won with lucky pulls on the day.

The game has been running for nearly four years now and these 'long term' Arcs require you to have won the previous 7 months of challenges. So it's not as if it's just a small group from the early days of the game that these are targeted at. 
  • TopDrives34865TopDrives34865 Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    AslanV said:
    There is some CF Porsches available for me
    Yes they were released after that, but anyway, did not need any ...
    My very first "real" prize car !
    Even if it is not that relevant, this is some personal satisfaction !