Skip to content

2016 Honda Ridgeline

Ztb2016Ztb2016 Posts: 5
The Ridgeline needs better handling. It is tied for 3rd worst handling among current Honda cars with a base handling stat of 65. The 2016 Pilot, which it shares the same chassis with and only weighs 10 pounds heavier than, has a base handling stat of 70

Comments

• PlantedZebraPlantedZebra Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    Might be good to have them review the handling hierarchy or something with them, considering the Pilot can do 0.81g (when new) and 0.84g (40000 miles) on the skidpad, while the Ridgeline isn't far behind with 0.80g.

Pilot: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15097806/2016-honda-pilot-long-term-test-wrap-up-review/
    Ridgeline: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15100644/2017-honda-ridgeline-awd-test-review/
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, but which is possibly wrong?  Is the Pilot too high?  Is the Ridgeline too low?  Both?
  • Ztb2016Ztb2016 Posts: 5
    edited April 11
    I would say the Pilot is fine but the Ridgeline needs to be improved. If you look at the other 2 generations of Pilot in the game the handling improves the newer they get, which would make sense assuming the utilization of newer, more advanced technologies and construction methods as they are discovered. Also looking at a comparison of the midsize truck segment from 2017 (first year the Ridgeline was included) in the link, the Ridgeline ranked number 1 in handling by a large margin. Likely thanks to its unibody construction compared to the body-on-frame used by its competitors. (One such competitor, the Chevy Colorado, has a base handling stat of 74 in game). 
    Post edited by Ztb2016 on
  • JaguarDTMJaguarDTM Posts: 449 ✭✭✭
    Actually I can argue both could possibly be raised a bit. 

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a23654624/2019-ford-edge-st-performance/

This shows lateral g of the Ford Edge Sport (older Ultra Rare one)
    "the previous Sport, shod with similarly sized 21-inch all seasons, managed only 0.83 g and a 176-foot stop."

So maybe the Pilot and Ridgeline could have their handlings increased to match the Ford Edge Sport? 
    edited April 15
    I’d also go so far to add the tires should be changed to all season to match the Pilot. 
    If you open up see all specs and scroll down to tires both vehicles appear to have come with the same factory set of tires.
    It also appears the the year should be adjusted for the Ridgeline as well. It seems to have been brought back in 2016 but later in the year as a 2017 model.  If all these are adjusted it would likely have to be updated to the ultra rare class but I’d call that a fair trade. 

• thebigbadwolfthebigbadwolf Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    If pescarolo aint UR, Ridgeline should not be
    edited April 16
    Personally, I don’t know why the pescarolo got nerfed simply to keep it from being bumped up into the UR class but it’s not really a fair comparison to compare these two very different types of vehicles. If the Ridgeline’s handling were to be updated it would become a much more versatile car in a wider variety of races. My Ridgeline is max upgraded now for engine and handling, giving it a 5.4 0-60 time, 121 top speed, and 72 handling. The pescarolo upgraded the same way is only going to beat it on dry asphalt, rainy asphalt drag races, and maybe some off-road 1 mile drags. Take the 2 vehicles off-road, or put some turns on a rainy road race and the Ridgeline’s 4wd and current standard tires will give it a distinct advantage. The Chevy Colorado I compared it in an earlier comment is in the UR class and it’s top speed and acceleration are both lower than the Ridgeline, but it has decent handling and it’s off-road tires make it extremely good for races not on asphalt. 
    Post edited by Ztb2016 on
  • PlantedZebraPlantedZebra Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    imo the issue the Pesca had is that instead of what they usually do, bump up the ratity first (like the Syncro) or bump both stats and rarity up together, they did the opposite instead and bumped the stats up first instead; which the community realised that it's going to be bumped to ultra soon and started hoarding it, and they had tons of time to hoard these cars due to the sheer time gap between the initial stat buff and the final stat nerf, and that's gonna let players have tons of free ultras.

But if the Ridgeline did have its stats buffed to be ultrarare-material, as long as the stats and rarity gets bumped up together I don't see any issues with that, ain't nobody gonna have time to hoard like ten Ridgeline's in that short timeframe.
  • thebigbadwolfthebigbadwolf Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    because hoarding ridgelines from now on ain't just as possible as hoarding pescarolos was?
    Maybe I’m missing something. How is it easy to hoard a specific vehicle when all you can do is buy a pack and hope for that car. Without a Honda event allowing you to by a ceramic Honda pack, the best chance would be the ceramic Japanese car pack which would be a 1/60 chance of getting the Ridgeline not counting the possibility of getting an UR or better.  Also, if people are willing to spend their own money on more gold or cash to buy a bunch of those packs trying for that specific car then wouldn’t that influx of in-app purchases benefit the future of the game?