Skip to content

Ariel handling proposal

Redline_TopDrivesRedline_TopDrives Posts: 6
edited October 2020 in Car Corrections
Yesterday I pulled an Atom 2 Supercharged and a Bugatti EB110 GT in a 5× and I couldn't help but notice the EB's handling was higher than the Atom. It got me thinking about Ariel and their handling, I can't help but feel like it's too low...

I mean, Ariel Atoms are basically racecars for the road yet they're outhandled by old heavy supercars and even sedans in some cases. Surely this is wrong???

Here's my proposal for new stock handling:
Atom 1 - 88
Atom 2 - 90
Atom 2S - 90
Atom 3 - 92
Atom 3S - 92
Atom 3.5 - 93
Atom 4 - 95
Atom 500 - 97 or 98, it's basically a road legal F1 car...
Nomad - 84

I refuse to believe the current Ariel handling is accurate, there's no way they have worse handling than old supercars and heavy sport sedans...

KTM had a handling revamp, so Ariel should too.

Comments

• havvyhavvy Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    Maybe if you find skidpad data or quotes by trusted sources regarding the handling, it would be more convincing. Just a suggestion
  • PlantedZebraPlantedZebra Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    C&D pulled 1.12g's with the Atom 3: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a16581450/ariel-atom-3-specialty-file/

they also pulled 1.05g with the Caterham CSR: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a18201627/2006-caterham-csr260-specialty-file/
    I've put the cat' here because they needed love with the handling to compare - the C6 Z06 which has 88 handling in-game pulled a 1.01g as noted in the CSR's review.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noted for review 
  • blahblah15blahblah15 Posts: 7
    edited May 27
    Yesterday I pulled an Atom 2 Supercharged and a Bugatti EB110 GT in a 5× and I couldn't help but notice the EB's handling was higher than the Atom. It got me thinking about Ariel and their handling, I can't help but feel like it's too low...

I mean, Ariel Atoms are basically racecars for the road yet they're outhandled by old heavy supercars and even sedans in some cases. Surely this is wrong???

Here's my proposal for new stock handling:
    Atom 1 - 88
    Atom 2 - 90
    Atom 2S - 90
    Atom 3 - 92
    Atom 3S - 92
    Atom 3.5 - 93
    Atom 4 - 95
    Atom 500 - 97 or 98, it's basically a road legal F1 car...
    Nomad - 84

I refuse to believe the current Ariel handling is accurate, there's no way they have worse handling than old supercars and heavy sport sedans...

KTM had a handling revamp, so Ariel should too.

I saw a post earlier regarding the ariels and id love a buff but the reality is the weight distribution being the reason for the handling being low, atoms have a 35:65 ratio, and being Rwd all the power goes too the back and the front will lift up a bit because its so light, therefor the wheels dont have enough weight on the front too grip as much as we would want them too :) 
    https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/ariel/atom-4/driving