Skip to content

Merged Servers

binnerbinner Posts: 786 ✭✭✭✭✭
So this is something I've been wondering for a while now. It is well known that NA is the hardest server for competitiveness. Every finals I will see people in EU (not so sure about AS) winning prize cars with a t3/t4 quality NA hand. This is what most of the top 10 looks like in my bracket right now for the jesko. 
and I've been seeing many people EU server people with super rares in their hands and much weaker hands in general bouncing in and out of t2 or being solidly in t2 with such bad hands. So I've been wondering will we ever have 1 server? I'm sure hutch will not say or even answer this but imo NA is playing a completely different level of game of TD than other regions and would love to be mixed in with everyone (like already done in clubs) especially in finals. Also before other regions complain about event end times I would have no problem with end times rotating constantly to suit different regions to make it fair. Any other NA players feel the same?

Comments

• TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm in my EU early bracket none of the current top 5 would be top 10 here.

On another note, well what do you know, 4 out of 10 are running a maxed legendary 911 turbo, and one has some upgrades in it. Same in my bracket, top 5 all have a maxed 911t or at least a few upgrades in it, from the get go.
  • binnerbinner Posts: 786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8
    TD42792 said:
    I can confirm in my EU early bracket none of the current top 5 would be top 10 here.

On another note, well what do you know, 4 out of 10 are running a maxed legendary 911 turbo, and one has some upgrades in it. Same in my bracket, top 5 all have a maxed 911t or at least a few upgrades in it, from the get go.
    Not that I'm defending hutch moving epics to legendary but I have two btr2s in my hand which haven't lost to a maxed 911 anywhere that their being used yet so they've been kinda a non factor.... atleast for me
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    binner said:
    TD42792 said:

Not that I'm defending hutch moving epics to legendary but I have two btr2s in my hand which haven't lost to a maxed 911 anywhere that their being used yet so they've been kinda a non factor.... atleast for me
    For sure, at least it is not the uber-dominating car here. Just super strong so a big help to finish a hand and get T2 instead of T3. How many are there around you (in T1/T2 I assume)?
    TD42792 said:
    binner said:
    TD42792 said:

For sure, at least it is not the uber-dominating car here. Just super strong so a big help to finish a hand and get T2 instead of T3. How many are there around you (in T1/T2 I assume)?
    Yeah definitely would help to finish off a hand. And those are all the hands I've seen around me above so other than those I can't say. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the Asian servers were full of whales?
    HeissRod said:
    My understanding of the Asian server is in a final there will normally be maybe 2 or 3 brackets 1000-1500 players and there are notable whales but I've heard also players joining and getting a bracket that never fills. Would be beneficial for that server to be merged as well then. 15 new whales from Asia is a drop in the bucket in NA when you would also have plenty other non whales coming along
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    binner said:
    HeissRod said:
    My understanding of the Asian server is in a final there will normally be maybe 2 or 3 brackets 1000-1500 players and there are notable whales but I've heard also players joining and getting a bracket that never fills. Would be beneficial for that server to be merged as well then. 15 new whales from Asia is a drop in the bucket in NA when you would also have plenty other non whales coming along
    These finals, Asian servers reached at least 10 brackets. But this is new – certainly something has changed recently.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest those hands posted above were the typical T2 hands in AS, across all the brackets i saw with my mates. 

I'm not suggesting NA isn't strong still, but I don't believe the gap is as big as one might imagine. The issue is probably more to do with overall numbers in a region. EU and NA have wayyy more players than AS (probably to do with ending times).

If you're occasionally lucky with your bracket entry in NA or EU you may find yourself against weaker opponents, whereas in AS it's very difficult to avoid whales.

What i would like though, is one bracket per region that simply grows, and prize tiers expand in line with the size of the one bracket. This is for me the best way to have players win on merit because loads of people who can late join win prizes with trash hands. This simply has to stop.

RobGripes said:
    To be honest those hands posted above were the typical T2 hands in AS, across all the brackets i saw with my mates. 

I'm not suggesting NA isn't strong still, but I don't believe the gap is as big as one might imagine. The issue is probably more to do with overall numbers in a region. EU and NA have wayyy more players than AS (probably to do with ending times).

If you're occasionally lucky with your bracket entry in NA or EU you may find yourself against weaker opponents, whereas in AS it's very difficult to avoid whales.

What i would like though, is one bracket per region that simply grows, and prize tiers expand in line with the size of the one bracket. This is for me the best way to have players win on merit because loads of people who can late join win prizes with trash hands. This simply has to stop.

I love that last point that is a great idea!
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @binner I had the idea from the concept used in poker tournaments.

I see a touch of difficulty, in that as it expands, the ratio (Prize cars - players) will be ever-changing. Hutch should set the boundaries (of when prize tiers grow) fairly so that they are equally generous and stingy.

As well as players winning on hand merit there is another benefit that late-joining would become an obsolete tactic. There would be absolutely no point to wait to try and hope to avoid other players.