Skip to content

Traction control means nothing lol

I lost because of handling in the grass with a car that has traction control and is faster and that 1 point shouldn't even matter since the 0-60 is. 9 difference, I would've found it funny if it said lower mass instead 

Comments

• TopDrives34865TopDrives34865 Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    That's called etb, not tcs...
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that's ETB – Engine Traction Bonus – something Hutch added to the game in the beginning to try and make their engine work better. It often gives these BS results and as far as we know, Hutch are fixing their engine to not require it. It has been a long time though, so who knows if they just gave up. 🤷

Also I should add handling does seem to matter A LOT off-road in twisty tracks.
  • BlackXWulfBlackXWulf Posts: 45
    O__VER said:
    Yeah that's ETB – Engine Traction Bonus – something Hutch added to the game in the beginning to try and make their engine work better. It often gives these BS results and as far as we know, Hutch are fixing their engine to not require it. It has been a long time though, so who knows if they just gave up. 🤷

I didn't know that was a mechanic in the game. When I saw etb, I thought it was electronic throttle body 😂, oh yay more things to add to my car selection equation. Well one thing this game does is keep the surprises coming lol
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:

I didn't know that was a mechanic in the game. When I saw etb, I thought it was electronic throttle body 😂, oh yay more things to add to my car selection equation. Well one thing this game does is keep the surprises coming lol
    Sorry I didn't explain it very well either. It's where a car that has full upgrades on engine (or more engine upgrades than the other car) will perform better than it technically should. Essentially it's a "traction bonus" applied when you make engine upgrades. ETB for short.
    O__VER said:
    O__VER said:

Sorry I didn't explain it very well either. It's where a car that has full upgrades on engine (or more engine upgrades than the other car) will perform better than it technically should. Essentially it's a "traction bonus" applied when you make engine upgrades. ETB for short.
    Oh, that's not cool 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    O__VER said:

Oh, that's not cool 
    It's a band-aid that worked better than not having it.  It was originally implemented because fused cars were losing to cars with less fuses.  Imagine maxing an epic, only to have a 333 version beat you in the slalom.
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    O__VER said:

Oh, that's not cool 
    It's a band-aid that worked better than not having it.  It was originally implemented because fused cars were losing to cars with less fuses.  Imagine maxing an epic, only to have a 333 version beat you in the slalom.
    So I lost because I didn't have enough upgrades on a car that's faster and and is definitely the better car overall? That's weird and even for an offroad track you would think the Elise would struggle to keep up, but I was 72 milisecs off. 
    HeissRod said:
    Nah, you lost because you put a Lotus on an offroad track.  :D
    🤣🤣🤣 True, I should've put the slicks instead for maxium grip
  • 0171801718 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭
    No idea how you can be so sure ETB is the reason.

might as well be reduced wheelspin because the 0-60 is lower.
  • TopDrives34865TopDrives34865 Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    It's not the first time we have seen a better car not upgraded losing to another ... I have to say handling may be a factor too
  • StreetracerStreetracer Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    Grass is the less grippiest surface. The worse the surface, the less the 0-60mph matters. That is what I experienced.
    I would say the 2-Eleven would lose even if the Elise 135 would not have ETB because of the 1 handling point less.