Skip to content

Summer Dog Days, Stagnation & Boredom

2»

Comments

• KcrayKcray Posts: 235 ✭✭✭

I do appreciate what everyone's saying here regarding boredom, and we do have something to alleviate that coming up really soon.
    I hope so. I am sure you will see a recurring theme in the questions submitted for the livestream Q&A. If "really soon" is a few weeks out, you may want to consider an event with better prizes (an epic prize car, titanium pack, prizes like Rainbow road event in December). I think a lot of members in the community need something to boost interest again.
  • D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 283 ✭✭✭

Which to a certain extent shows the problem with announcing anything in advance - while players want that, and we want that, it can create problems like one we have with the tuning service. If we never announced it, no one would be asking about it, or at least the questions would not be of the same nature.

thanks for respoding first of all, I think we all are aware that coding stuff takes its time. At this point (after half a year) anything that improves the the game would be a welcoming addition, but ever since the last car-update there was only the YOTO stuff, which was fun, but that cant be all you get done during that time period?! I mean even the quality of life thread seems to get ignored lately.

Maybe you have too many games to take care of and less coders or maybe its just the complex nature of TD...idk, you guys have a great product here and its just sad to see that theres no real going forward in 2021, maybe not even till mid 2022...at the end all we ask for really is some excitement and something to keep us busy in a fun way, regardless wether we asked/knew/hoped for it or not.

• BlackXWulfBlackXWulf Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    For me now, it is the ridiculous niche levels of event we are being asked to compete in, which is the problem. The P1 GTR Prelims being a case in point. I am not going to be spending 2-3 days for the chance of an Ultra which will have zero impact on my hand for the finals. Especially with all the Project 8s that will be in the event. 

I would rather put the phone down and enter in last hour and pick up a possible Premium pack than enter that event. 

I also burnt too many matches on the 908 HDi last time around, so to have back to back RQ96 and RQ97 events just smacks of a cynical and obvious move. Players will start walking away before the update even drops at this rate.

Was there any update on this by the way? Did I miss something? I mean it was only 15 months ago.

PL11.3 Retune (no estimate)
    • A further series of engine improvements will be made

• A one off tuning service will be introduced to allow players to switch tunings
    The tuning service will only be available when we introduce the engine improvements to the game, which is a big task on its own and I don't believe the team has made any progress on that recently. With this in mind, I think it's reasonable to assume that it's not coming very soon.

Which to a certain extent shows the problem with announcing anything in advance - while players want that, and we want that, it can create problems like one we have with the tuning service. If we never announced it, no one would be asking about it, or at least the questions would not be of the same nature.

This shifting happens with many of our developing features: some things move forward, others move back and it's a constant process really, so producing any sort of a reliable roadmap that is not too vague to comprehend by you is really challenging. 

I do appreciate what everyone's saying here regarding boredom, and we do have something to alleviate that coming up really soon.

What's the easiest programmable events that you can put in? I guess resetting campaign would be nice since I have to wait months for yellow bird series to finish the next 7 races. I feel like most of us want more quantity then quality atm. Just throw the non whales a bone lol. 
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm already beginning to back burner this game I already forgot to login to play events because I'd rather do something else then rinse and repeat, oh look I won a weak pack even though I have a pretty decent hand because the lack of content and it is limited to just whale events and poor team events and one long long event that only rewards you an epic like by time you get it what are you gonna need it for, TopDrives seems like it was put on the back burner because of other hutch games or lack of creativity(Another Redundant Complaint that everyone who played long enough has said) if only I can get a refund on the money and return the cards would be great 
    I'm around about here, at this stage, except throw in the fact that my stro ger hand performs poorly everynight because i sleep at night and unwilling to wake up in the middle of it.

Hutch has the ability to rotate ending times but refuses to do so.

I can't even compete on merit and so I've never been more disinterested as I am now. 
  • MoogMoog Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭
    I've had the game on the back burner for a while now. I go for it with the challenges, but other than that it's play the bare minimum hands on standard events (normally 3 races does it).
    I'm so close to throwing in the towel completely to be honest. I feel that COTW2 has been a let down and there's little enjoyment elsewhere. I'll give it a couple more weeks I think then it's a choice of blowing my saved gold and cash or selling everything :)

Moog said:
    I feel that COTW2 has been a let down and there's little enjoyment elsewhere. I'll give it a couple more weeks I think then it's a choice of blowing my saved gold and cash or selling everything :)

personally I do enjoy the COTW2 stuff, but most likely I will finish stage 6 tomorrow with 7 days left and nothing else to do other then  doing 20 races in events in 2 days.
    wish they had some sort of live 1v1 racing (obvsly garage vs garage in TD) like in CSR2 which I switched backed to and is actually alot of fun with tons of stuff to do.

Yeah the cotw event got me stuck on safari tour 18 getting wrecked and the sad thing is I placed 1st place on the daily cotw event twice and can't even beat the second challenge event now I'm out of stuff to do again so you either get stuck or blow through these challenges in less time given
    Also it has gotten so bad that I really got back into Duel Links and already forgot this game lol so much to do in that game 
    I can live with updates taking longer than anticipated, however not having a tri-series the last 2 weeks has drastically decreased my time on this game. I hope something changes soon.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kcray said:
    I can live with updates taking longer than anticipated, however not having a tri-series the last 2 weeks has drastically decreased my time on this game. I hope something changes soon.
    The extra challenges and CF events haven't taken the place of it?
    HeissRod said:
    Kcray said:
    TRX event was fun and felt like a tri-series final. The CF events have been ok, but they aren't as engaging as a Tri-series or a really hard challenge. My pack luck has been poor lately as well, which doesn't help. I am just ready to add some new cars to the mix - 6 months is a long time with the same content.
  • bertmcfishbertmcfish Posts: 287 ✭✭✭
    Kcray said:
    HeissRod said:
    Kcray said:
    TRX event was fun and felt like a tri-series final. The CF events have been ok, but they aren't as engaging as a Tri-series or a really hard challenge. My pack luck has been poor lately as well, which doesn't help. I am just ready to add some new cars to the mix - 6 months is a long time with the same content.
    Very similar here. Abysmal pack luck and nothing new for months, along with the feeling that you now really need two of a specific car to win anything means I’m struggling to continue. The criteria are getting too tight and it is not the way forward.
    I know we always demand more content and stuff to do in this game and the Hutch staff is trying to provide lately I have the feeling, with the recent challenges and events...so theres that.

but maaan its really about time for an update, us players basically walked halfway through a desert by now and thirsty for any kind of oasis on our way through! bring out the new content dear Hutch!
  • Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 359 admin
    D3nzello said:
    I know we always demand more content and stuff to do in this game and the Hutch staff is trying to provide lately I have the feeling, with the recent challenges and events...so theres that.

but maaan its really about time for an update, us players basically walked halfway through a desert by now and thirsty for any kind of oasis on our way through! bring out the new content dear Hutch!
    Unfortunately getting all the approvals for the next update proved to be more challenging than previously, but we are very keen to bring in the update as soon as possible. This is something we are very much actively working on and we hope to share more news soon. 

Temporarily pausing new Tri-Series events is one of the ways to ensure we are not blocked by major in-game events in case we become ready for release. We are also using this opportunity to experiment with new Challenges designs as you've seen in the past weeks.

As far as I'm aware the team is also considering separating some of the features we mentioned previously from the update to be released later. We absolutely appreciate your patience and desire for new content and we hope to share more soon.
    thanks for the headsup and the update on the current situation.
    pausing the tri-series in order to launch the update sounds to me like its gonna happen sometime this month. If Im reading correctly between the lines ^^

as far as the new features go, Im pretty sure most of us can deal with waiting for the new UI or challenge machanisms being postponed.

on a personal note, it must be hell of a fight over those licences since its taking so long. I dont really get it...I mean TD is the highest grossing racing app with alot of players...one should think those companies would consent in heart beat....
  • Aamon_KorAamon_Kor Posts: 36
    The problem is certainly the dear money. Hutch wants to pay as little as possible for the licenses and the rights holder wants to get as much as possible. Sometimes it takes a little longer for both sides to meet in the middle. I certainly don't have a problem with the update being split into 2 parts if everything isn't finished in time.
  • 2hvy4grvty2hvy4grvty Posts: 23
    Kcray said:
    HeissRod said:
    Kcray said:
    Very similar here. Abysmal pack luck and nothing new for months, along with the feeling that you now really need two of a specific car to win anything means I’m struggling to continue. The criteria are getting too tight and it is not the way forward.
    I disagree with the bold. A tight criteria and unique niches are the only way a newer player will defeat a long time whale. If you're stuck with using broad criteria featuring meta cars so you can "use your best cars like banana and evo x", well guess what? That whale most likely has 3x superlights, 2x bananas, and 4x evo x. But if your key car in a finals is some Bentley boat nobody maxes, well you actually have a chance.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kcray said:
    HeissRod said:
    Kcray said:
    ... and 4x evo x.
    I still don't have any of those  :'(
  • 2hvy4grvty2hvy4grvty Posts: 23
    Even this new UR FFA event is pretty great, it's nice to see that some "level the playing field" reqs are being deployed for CF events. I see whales with actual losses now.
    I'm really liking the change we're getting, idk what the percentage that's balanced. But I was able to climb the ranks a decent bit even against trophy ranked 3 times higher 
  • TadMaxTadMax Posts: 4
    Kcray said:
    HeissRod said:
    Kcray said:
    I disagree with the bold. A tight criteria and unique niches are the only way a newer player will defeat a long time whale. If you're stuck with using broad criteria featuring meta cars so you can "use your best cars like banana and evo x", well guess what? That whale most likely has 3x superlights, 2x bananas, and 4x evo x. But if your key car in a finals is some Bentley boat nobody maxes, well you actually have a chance.
    That is the most spot on comment (ever?!).
    This is how I won 3 prize cars by upgrading some Epics which I never thought I would be upgrading.
  • Aamon_KorAamon_Kor Posts: 36
    I see it the same way. Only if the top players can't use 4-5 of their maxed top cars, you have a chance to be a bit further ahead. Therefore I think it's good if you are forced to use cars that are not so popular. Of course not in every event. Variety is a necessary element.