Skip to content

Event Ending Times

2»

Comments

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moog said:
    Really want to see his picture now :)
    Click into his profile, to see his picture change history.
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    Why did Rob get banned?
    Quit being so obtuse about forum etiquette and rules.  He got banned for the profile picture, not for speaking up about event ends times, so don’t try and play his post as the reason.  There are mature ways to address matters that need to be discussed.  His post was a great way.  His picture, not so much.
    So you ban him for using a mildly caustic non-offensive picture? Not only is the measure taken completely disproportionate to the alleged offense but it just sets a really bad atmosphere.

Our mature and polite posts about it on the other thread have also been deleted lol.

I dont know what Hutch’s ambitions are for this forum. Because right now it has been reduced to one guy posting tracksets and about once a week someone asking a question about a car.
    When you think about what it used to be: tons of ideas (quite a few which have been implemented in the game), exchanges on car tuning, reflexions on game play and mechanics, etc. Sure there were people who were not being civil but at least there was traffic, good and bad. Now there is NOTHING, and heavy censorship (sorry, I meant ‘moderation’) / heavy-handed banning is definitely part of the problem imo.

I for sure will stop participating. I dont like the way things are run and frankly there is 0 content of value to be found any more (there are other ways to find tracksets these days).
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    Why did Rob get banned?
    Quit being so obtuse about forum etiquette and rules.  He got banned for the profile picture, not for speaking up about event ends times, so don’t try and play his post as the reason.  There are mature ways to address matters that need to be discussed.  His post was a great way.  His picture, not so much.
    So you ban him for using a mildly caustic non-offensive picture? Not only is the measure taken completely disproportionate to the alleged offense but it just sets a really bad atmosphere.
    How many times has he been banned?  This isn't his first, so it's not like this user hasn't been told how to act before.  I'd assume past history was also taken into account, when the decision was made.

TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    Why did Rob get banned?
    I dont know what Hutch’s ambitions are for this forum. Because right now it has been reduced to one guy posting tracksets and about once a week someone asking a question about a car.  When you think about what it used to be: tons of ideas (quite a few which have been implemented in the game), exchanges on car tuning, reflexions on game play and mechanics, etc. Sure there were people who were not being civil but at least there was traffic, good and bad. Now there is NOTHING, and heavy censorship (sorry, I meant ‘moderation’) / heavy-handed banning is definitely part of the problem imo.
    Yeah, it couldn't have anything to do with the constant negative posts this forum used to receive, before the small group of people who came here only to do that were banned.  That was the only thing those users came here to do and they enjoyed doing it.  If you joined a forum as a new user and only saw negative posts in the recent history, would you stay?  Yes, Hutch's inattention to the forum has played a part in ruining it, but so have some of the past users.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    Why did Rob get banned?
    How many times has he been banned?  This isn't his first, so it's not like this user hasn't been told how to act before.  I'd assume past history was also taken into account, when the decision was made.

TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    Why did Rob get banned?
    I dont know what Hutch’s ambitions are for this forum. Because right now it has been reduced to one guy posting tracksets and about once a week someone asking a question about a car.  When you think about what it used to be: tons of ideas (quite a few which have been implemented in the game), exchanges on car tuning, reflexions on game play and mechanics, etc. Sure there were people who were not being civil but at least there was traffic, good and bad. Now there is NOTHING, and heavy censorship (sorry, I meant ‘moderation’) / heavy-handed banning is definitely part of the problem imo.
    Yeah, it couldn't have anything to do with the constant negative posts this forum used to receive, before the small group of people who came here only to do that were banned.  That was the only thing those users came here to do and they enjoyed doing it.  If you joined a forum as a new user and only saw negative posts in the recent history, would you stay?  Yes, Hutch's inattention to the forum has played a part in ruining it, but so have some of the past users.

Twice now. The first time was someone called Hutch Ian who banned me because I lol'd at someone else's post. I clicked a lol button = ban. Well done Hutchian, I mean Mr Hutch_ian.

He quickly unbanned me after fellow forumers voiced their opinions about it (thank you friends), but I haven't forgotten how I am treated somewhat harshly compared to others around here. I have no bad words to say about G-Search, he's always been communicative and appropriate IMHO. But Dmitri behaves like a petulant child (bring on another Ban D) and acts on impulse. It is ridiculous to me that he is a mod around here. 

Heissrod You make it out as though I swear in every other post, or aim derogatory chatter at others or even post about inappropriate topics. I do not. I very rarely swear, and when I did it recently it was a tongue-in-cheek joke in response to some previous posts by others. Go through my history if you must, but don't say something like, 'how many times has he been warned...'. I have been warned a couple of times over four years. I have my inbox I can reflect on, and it's practically empty.

The middle fingers in my profile pic were symbolically aimed at myself, because that's how many of us in AS feel Hutch treats us.  After 4 years of having one portion of our region have a significant advantage in every event means that their garages are so much stronger than ours and keeps pulling away in strength because I can't wake up in the middle of the night to compete with them as they wake up at 8-11am. 

It seems to me that the team at Hutch along with their cronies simply wish to avoid having to answer topics they don't have any wish to spend time thinking about. 

The way I've been treated harshly for minimal offences reeks of the same way I think Hutch treats the oriental side of AS compared to the 'western' side. banned for a 'lol'? 

I couldn't care less to be banned this morning. I was not surprised, nor disappointed. Hutch are lucky to have dedicated fans who wanted to help them improve the game. They've acknowledge it with words but not their actions. What's that famous old saying again? 
    edited May 26
    I apologize for the mistaken identity, Rob.  (Can't keep track anymore of people who continually push the envelope, then complain about getting in trouble)  My whole point was that you received action for the profile picture and not your post.
    Apology accepted Heissrod, let's speak no more about that.

And you're on the money about the punishment being for the pic, not the post. 

edited May 26
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    Why did Rob get banned?

TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    Why did Rob get banned?
    Sure, negative behaviours were a bad thing. But isnt the role of the mods to regulate that?

I have never run a forum myself but I would tend to think constant negative posts are quite common in any forum. Seems like Hutch cannot be bothered to moderate and just prefer to ban because it’s easier. The result is pretty obvious to me: there is no-one left.

As much as I had my issues with gsearch, at least I considered him to be a very good mod. He would delete the parts of the posts that were offensive, give several warnings, justify his decisions on the forum with transparency, etc. Basically trying to solve issues rather than obliterate them. He managed to keep people coming back.

Also, the way this game is designed, it is by nature frustrating. You never pull the cars you need, there are whales who can beat you after a month because they spend 5k in a day, etc etc. So of course people will try to find a place to vent. If you are not ready to deal with it while trying to keep them around, then you might as well shut down the forum.

In the specific case of Rob, I am sorry, but even if he did things that contravened the rules in the past (which I am pretty sure is not the case!), just delete the picture and tell him he is being naughty, why do you need to ban? Just doesnt make sense.
    Post edited by TD42792 on
    Appreciate that @42792. I'd just like to be clear that I have not contravened the rules many times. Twice, maybe three times at most, if going by the letter of the rule. The lol ban was not on the wrong side of any rule that I've heard of but I was warned for it anyway. Saving face is the reason I attribute that to. 

No matter if I was frustrated or whatever, I posted without swearing etc, and I posted on-topic regarding any bugs or ideas for the game.

I've been warned twice, in total that I can remember. 

It's all moot though. Going forward I may not receive any more warnings as I can't see myself having the same passion anymore that would drive me here to try to communicate with Hutch.
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    Why did Rob get banned?

TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    Why did Rob get banned?
    Sure, negative behaviours were a bad thing. But isnt the role of the mods to regulate that?

I have never run a forum myself but I would tend to think constant negative posts are quite common in any forum. Seems like Hutch cannot be bothered to moderate and just prefer to ban because it’s easier. The result is pretty obvious to me: there is no-one left.

As much as I had my issues with gsearch, at least I considered him to be a very good mod. He would delete the parts of the posts that were offensive, give several warnings, justify his decisions on the forum with transparency, etc. Basically trying to solve issues rather than obliterate them. He managed to keep people coming back.

Also, the way this game is designed, it is by nature frustrating. You never pull the cars you need, there are whales who can beat you after a month because they spend 5k in a day, etc etc. So of course people will try to find a place to vent. If you are not ready to deal with it while trying to keep them around, then you might as well shut down the forum.

In the specific case of Rob, I am sorry, but no matter how many times he did things that contravened the rules in the past, just delete the picture and tell him he is being naughty, why do you need to ban? Just doesnt make sense.
    As someone who has been a forum mod (and is currently a FB group mod), I have seen my share of forums in my 23 years of internet socialization.  (Damn, I'm old).  You are correct in that negative posts are quite common, but when they become the norm is when the forums decline.  I've seen it happen twice previously and this one is headed the same way. 
    edited May 26
    RobGripes said:
    Appreciate that @42792. I'd just like to be clear that I have not contravened the rules many times. Twice, maybe three times at most, if going by the letter of the rule. The lol ban was not on the wrong side of any rule that I've heard of but I was warned for it anyway. Saving face is the reason I attribute that to. 

No matter if I was frustrated or whatever, I posted without swearing etc, and I posted on-topic regarding any bugs or ideas for the game.

I've been warned twice, in total that I can remember. 

It's all moot though. Going forward I may not receive any more warnings as I can't see myself having the same passion anymore that would drive me here to try to communicate with Hutch.
    Sorry, I was speaking hypothetically as I would not know if or how many times you would have braved the rules :) I wanted to say EVEN IF you had contravened the rules the ban was not warranted and counter-productive.
    Poor choice of word on my part, apologies, and I certainly did not intend to portray you as a repeat offender!! I have edited my post to try and correct this!
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    Why did Rob get banned?

TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    Why did Rob get banned?

In the specific case of Rob, I am sorry, but no matter how many times he did things that contravened the rules in the past, just delete the picture and tell him he is being naughty, why do you need to ban? Just doesnt make sense.
    As someone who has been a forum mod (and is currently a FB group mod), I have seen my share of forums in my 23 years of internet socialization.  (Damn, I'm old).  You are correct in that negative posts are quite common, but when they become the norm is when the forums decline.  I've seen it happen twice previously and this one is headed the same way. 
    I would be curious to know what the other instance was.

Feels like state of emergency had been declared because gangs had taken the streets and Hutch had to send in the army... fine... but the thugs have been dealt with and the army is still here lol
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    Why did Rob get banned?

TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    Why did Rob get banned?

I would be curious to know what the other instance was.

Feels like state of emergency had been declared because gangs had taken the streets and Hutch had to send in the army... fine... but the thugs have been dealt with and the army is still here lol
    Two old car forums from 10+ years ago, when VBB was all the rage
  • crookedlumbercrookedlumber Posts: 5
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    Why did Rob get banned?

TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    Why did Rob get banned?

I would contend that this is due to the state of the game primarily. We are headed to a year with two updates , if they release one in November or December, the game is stagnating and so is the forum.
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    Why did Rob get banned?

TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    Why did Rob get banned?

I would contend that this is due to the state of the game primarily. We are headed to a year with two updates , if they release one in November or December, the game is stagnating and so is the forum.
    As someone who just joined the forum last September, I'm curious how you can talk to the state of the forum from 1-2 years ago?

Regardless, between December of 2018 and May of 2019 there were less updates (none) compared to December of last year to now.  That's just saying that we have seen this low-update activity before and it wasn't recent.
    For @O__VER and @Nortonata to come to my defence, I very much appreciate it. The ban was a touch harsh and I'm grateful they brought it to attention otherwise I'd probably not have been allowed back.

I see they also support the idea of fair ending times for all, despite being in a favourable position. I believe that they see the difficulty for AS to grow when certain portions of the region are discouraged from playing due to being continually handicapped.

Maybe Mr Data Tim can look at attrition rate comparisons across AS?

Is there time to get a response this time or are hutch going to ignore it further?

Rotate times. You do it for the COTW events. Why not always?

Seriously, WHY NOT? 
  • D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    Is there time to get a response this time or are hutch going to ignore it further?

Seriously, WHY NOT? 

wasnt there some comment some time ago where asian players complained because it would be past midnight for them?
  • Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 359 admin
    RobGripes said:

Seriously, WHY NOT? 
    Unfortunately, this is nowhere in the priorities for the team at the moment. I do not believe there are any changes to the event timings planned at least for this year.
  • SchmidtiSchmidti Posts: 255 ✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:

Seriously, WHY NOT? 
    Unfortunately, this is nowhere in the priorities for the team at the moment. I do not believe there are any changes to the event timings planned at least for this year.

Why do you need some kind of priority in the team for that? Just do it. There is no development effort in it. 

I'm from Europe and I can fully understand the anger of other players about those ending times. The last hour is so important to play when you want to win something in events. 
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Schmidti said:
    RobGripes said:

Seriously, WHY NOT? 

Why do you need some kind of priority in the team for that? Just do it. There is no development effort in it. 

I'm from Europe and I can fully understand the anger of other players about those ending times. The last hour is so important to play when you want to win something in events. 
    Precisely this. You can make some COTW events end at different times, you can do it for others – no development needed. It's beyond unbelievable that this is still an issue Hutch won't budge on.
    Yeh i don't get it.

It's such an easy fix, it would be fair for all too. I just don't understand why after four years that this still occurs.

I appreciate that you've responded @Dmitry but honestly, there hasn't ever once been a good reason given from Hutch as to why the times have to be at 10pm GMT. 
    D3nzello said:
    RobGripes said:

Seriously, WHY NOT? 

wasnt there some comment some time ago where asian players complained because it would be past midnight for them?
    Possibly, I'm unsure but something does ring a bell but there has been more support for rotating times than against though.

I believe that Asia is brimming with night owls too. Many people (incl schoolkids) regularly stay up past midnight on weeknights.

Very few people wake up in the middle of the night for no reason though.

The occasional rotated events for the COTW or other special token-type events end at 10pm for me rather than 5am. I think the very latest that makes it would be 2am in New Zealand.

We all know the last hours are crucial, 2am for only new zealand is far better than 3-5am for most of asia.

Those players continually improve their garages while i can't because i always get knocked down between when i go to bed and when an event ends 5 hours later.

It happens every single night. 
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure but could be to do with wanting some staff awake during event finishing times, so they wouldn't want them to finish after 10pm uk time? Could be wrong tho.