Skip to content

The elephant in the room

MettitiMettiti Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
R8 v10 plus is quick .... Too quick.... Unrealistically quick 
Proof you say 

https://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2017-audi-r8-v-10-plus-vs-2016-mclaren-570s-2017-porsche-911-turbo-s-comparison-test-final-scoring-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-5

Car and driver, among many reviewed the plus against other cars but I can't be bothered to keep looking ..

The R8 annihilates a 12C, 675LT, whatever you want in game 
IRL, it's not even faster than the baby 570S
Not even quicker than the Turbo S

Hutch ..kinda addressed the weakness the veyrons had, now address this please 

AND TCS for the evo Xs 

Comments

• joengjoeng Posts: 40
    edited January 2018
    But it has got better mid range acceleration. :D
  • ritter_seboritter_sebo Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    the R8 Plus is a beast in the game. But in real life, there are alot of more beasty cars around.
    Also these some cars are in the game. Like Mettiti said. The Turbo S is one of it.
  • Sherby90Sherby90 Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    I have same feeling about 12c. It seems quicker than it should be.
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, should have been done a LONG time ago already. Just unrealistic and somewhat gamebreaking, especially because of the Audi packs debacle.
    Wondering if Audi is a “better” sponsor of the game and therefore gets to have a beast car.
  • MettitiMettiti Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love me a conspiracy
  • krystiankrystian Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭
    the R8 Plus is a beast in the game. But in real life, there are alot of more beasty cars around.
    Also these some cars are in the game. Like Mettiti said. The Turbo S is one of it.
    I have just watched some drag races on 1/4 mile.Real live results are...
    It’s really on the 1 mile that the R8 kills, not so much the 1/4 mile, would you have seen live results for 1 mile drag?
    It’s all about MRA.
  • prexprex Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    That's simply Vorsprung durch Technik.
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bugattis haven't been "fixed" enough... if hutch is after realism even the 16.4 veyron should be stronger. The model year in game has shown 1/4mi times coming as quick 9.9 seconds stock and continues through 186mph...in game it'll be killed by a 1.3 r8 v10 plus and on dry asphalt a pagani huayra on mile and fast track courses, something I have a hard time believing.

Can we also talk about the 4.4sec 0-60 of the corvette stingray? Who was driving it when that time was recorded?  :D
    TD42792 said:
    It’s really on the 1 mile that the R8 kills, not so much the 1/4 mile, would you have seen live results for 1 mile drag?
    It’s all about MRA.
    Well I never saw 1 mile or any drag races live with many cars that wasn't tuned up.
    Well fastestlaps.com has the R8 v10 plus at 27.8s for the 1 mile (estimated though...) vs 25.9 for the stock Veyron. In TD the R8 kills the Veyron on the 1 mile
    I'm big fun of audi cars.But come on mate...Porshe turbo S it's faster and in this game isn't
  • DomesticMDomesticM Posts: 400 ✭✭✭
    I'm quite fortunate enough to have worked with Evo Magazine in the past and have attended lots of their events as well as Vmax200 which they're a partner of. If you don't know what that is, it's basically a deserted 2-mile runway where you pay to take your supercars down - it's an amazing event that's rather unique. Unfortunately it's invite only. 

Just to get an idea what the line up is like. This one was from HyperMax a few years ago.

Having attended almost every single one I can safely say that although the R8 V10 is fast, the 911 Turbo and Turbo S completely destroy it off of the line. Same goes with all of the McLarens. The R8 is a one-trick pony really - it's fast off the line but quickly runs out of steam after the 1/4 mile. 

And riding shotgun in a Koenigsegg. 

Sorry for the pointless thread hijack!
    DomesticM said:
    I'm quite fortunate enough to have worked with Evo Magazine in the past and have attended lots of their events as well as Vmax200 which they're a partner of. If you don't know what that is, it's basically a deserted 2-mile runway where you pay to take your supercars down - it's an amazing event that's rather unique. Unfortunately it's invite only. 

Just to get an idea what the line up is like. This one was from HyperMax a few years ago.

Having attended almost every single one I can safely say that although the R8 V10 is fast, the 911 Turbo and Turbo S completely destroy it off of the line. Same goes with all of the McLarens. The R8 is a one-trick pony really - it's fast off the line but quickly runs out of steam after the 1/4 mile. 

And riding shotgun in a Koenigsegg. 

Sorry for the pointless thread hijack!
    Actually makes sense intuitively that the R8 would lose steam at higher speeds. Funny how it is the opposite in the game...
    All the more reason for hutch to slow that car down some or speed others up if even EVO knows it's not accurate.
  • HuacanachaHuacanacha Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone post some of this info (with links if possible) to the Incorrect Car Stats thread? Then this will hopefully be looked at.
    http://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/1261/incorrect-car-stats-please-post-them-here#latest
    I've posted a couple cars I've questioned in that thread, hopefully it gets looked at
  • HuacanachaHuacanacha Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Audi’s are a standout and very high profile one to look at. R8 as well as the A class cars.
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What disappoints me about Audis in the games (aside from missing out on the bugged packs!) is the lack of models. It is clear that some bod at Audi has said 'oh no, we can't possibly have lower end Audis in the game, what would that look like? Only the R/S Mega stuff please'.
    A shame, think of all the lovely 4WD cars we could have across the tiers.