Skip to content

Porches Qualifies [EVENT]

1235»

Comments

• BugattiBugatti Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Everett guy was in 1st place by a good margin..
    Not sure what happened to him  o:)
  • Bucks73Bucks73 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Jay said:
    My Tier 3 curse continues. Going to have to rob a bank to ever get above it.

Frequently JUST outside decent rewards.

I wish you were in my league, this is an event that I'm *somewhat* confident I can make top 10 either way (not top 2 as Eric has both his accounts in this league, and @stvhan  and Cey has a good hand and is holding down 2nd from Eric's second account, so good on them).

So would definitely be able to feed you wins then come in at the end, I'm doing that for TGPD now.
    edited June 2018
    @TGPD per above post, I've just fed you 3 wins.  I am pretty sure that I can jump back in to top 10 by the end, so stick around that 6-12 mark and we should be good.  This is of course dependent on last minute entries and other players upgrading or buying the Japanese CF packs!

@stvhan would be great if you could help, you don't have to feed us wins, but if you could avoid racing us, (In game names Kris Buchan and Nandi X) that would be great.  You don't have to, just asking.
  • JayJay Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moment of truth tomorrow. Can my Ceramic Lame drops continue.
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucks73 said:
    @TGPD per above post, I've just fed you 3 wins.  I am pretty sure that I can jump back in to top 10 by the end, so stick around that 6-12 mark and we should be good.  This is of course dependent on last minute entries and other players upgrading or buying the Japanese CF packs!

@stvhan would be great if you could help, you don't have to feed us wins, but if you could avoid racing us, (In game names Kris Buchan and Nandi X) that would be great.  You don't have to, just asking.
    Thanks an awful lot! I'm trying to hold 5th, behind Eric's two accounts, @stvhan and Cey. Hope i will get tier two
    TGPD said:
    Bucks73 said:

Thanks an awful lot! I'm trying to hold 5th, behind Eric's two accounts, @stvhan and Cey. Hope i will get tier two
    No dramas at all mate, last two full hands that I’ve had I’ve won three against other players and thrown you two wins. I’m not playing against Kommsusser Todd (or whatever his name is) as I’m happy to leave him up there as food for the top 4 guys. 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sinner getting tight in there, saw you dropped back a bit last night, fusing something? Did you see what the baron uzan guy has got in his hand? Sitting at 10-0 in 20th. 
  • sinnersinner Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sinner getting tight in there, saw you dropped back a bit last night, fusing something? Did you see what the baron uzan guy has got in his hand? Sitting at 10-0 in 20th. 
    nah, just sleeping and i drop 5-6 places lol... its pretty tight, Ive been avoiding upgrading my jap hand as im saving all resources for upgrades in the final.

I didnt see his hand either. 
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, assuming we're all like this near the end, is it a free for all to get top two? @Bugatti @Destroyer2k11999 @daGman
  • BugattiBugatti Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    So, assuming we're all like this near the end, is it a free for all to get top two? @Bugatti @Destroyer2k11999 @daGman
    You guys are all doing so well you probably don't even have to race ;)
    Bugatti said:
    mikes said:
    @daGman and Jason might want my second place. :#
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I'm destined for tier 3.  REALLY regretting not having my WRX STi anymore.  :s
  • daGmandaGman Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    Bugatti said:
    mikes said:
    @daGman and Jason might want my second place. :#
    I do but no way I’ll get it haha. It’s all yours, I’m just happy to be getting that cf. plus I don’t need the extra trophies anyway 
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean it's late but I'll race you @mikes :)
    My luck is holding true to itself! 

My luck needs a holiday.
    Jay said:

My luck needs a holiday.
    I guess I feel a little better.  I got a 924 Turbo.  :|
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how.. but silver tier and i find martini and another one rq22... nice but not the best pull for finals
  • floop200floop200 Posts: 50 ✭✭
    Hard to stay at top 10 but its quite happy with these result.

• O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Silver tier brought me the RQ19 Porsche Cayman.  :/

It's currently fusing into my RQ25 GT2.

Spent 200 Gold staying within the top 10 as well. Worst possible tier 2 result in my opinion.
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ended up with an RQ21 911 Turbo, fused it into my baby blue carrera
    Jay said:

My luck needs a holiday.
    If it’s any consolation, my grand reward from the CF pack?

Its not not even a decent B class. But handy for fusing for the main event! #firstworldproblems

• prodnusprodnus Posts: 59 ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Bucks73 said:
    Jay said:

My luck needs a holiday.
    If it’s any consolation, my grand reward from the CF pack?

Its not not even a decent B class. But handy for fusing for the main event! #firstworldproblems

Got fuse trash in my CF too 

• RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, can anyone remind me the tier 3 prize car and pack?
    I won the same cat
    mikes said:
    I won the same cat
    cat.. and hams?
    RobGripes said:
    Guys, can anyone remind me the tier 3 prize car and pack?
    D-class Porsche 928 and Porsche Ceramic pack
  • ElPurtzoElPurtzo Posts: 43 ✭✭
    I got 8th in my bracket and got a 718 Boxter out of the CF. Guess my Porsche hand is not good enough for the finals though.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Avenged
    i'm totally feeling with you. if the night rest of the players gets disturbed, because a part of you always wants to go check the leaderboard, that's just bad for your health. Maybe some players will even lose their job. No Job - no cf, so hutch loses to.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avenged said:
    Okay, sorry to rant a little, but I am rather disillusioned with the game at the moment due to the lack of regional timing for events.

As of about 3 hours left in the event, I was holding 1st place with close to 500 points. 2nd placed guy had 2 R35 GTRs and about 480 points so I was prepared to take 2nd place if he wanted to catch up. It was close to 0200 in the morning and I needed to sleep for work today. 3rd place and below was at 300+ points if memory serves me right. My hand was capable of beating anyone except the guy with 2 R35s, so I could have defended at least 2nd place easily if I didn't need to sleep for work.

Woke up this morning in anticipation - boom. 3rd place. After fighting hard for the top for 2 over days, I lose out on tier 1 because the event ended at 0500 local time which would've been impossible for me to defend unless I wanted to skip work. I even went a bit crazy these past 3 days, buying Japanese CFs and sacrificing some cars for fusing. Chalked up almost 100 bucks in Gold payments this month. But in the end, tier 1 slipped from my grasp because the event timing was just not conducive (and the eventual second-placed guy probably went on a ticket binge at the end too).

I was hoping for the Boxster Spyder to aid in the Prelims and maybe Finals. Probably wouldn't have made it to top 8 but maybe top 50. Had to settle for a C-tier Porsche that I already have. The CF? Naw, just yet another duplicate B-tier Porsche too. To add insult to injury, I was slapped with a hefty 350-trophy gain for little gain. And I dropped a prayer on a 599 Porsche Ceramic, but maybe I shouldn't have - another duplicate C-tier Boxster.

So yeah, rant aside, what happened, happened. I can't do a thing about it. But I at least hope that this makes for a stronger support for region-based event timing. Maybe 100 bucks is chump change to some of the big spenders, but it's significant for me. I spent it willingly, no doubt, but to have spent that, played diligently, and ended up losing that tier 1 (which wasn't even a limited edition car)... Ugh.

Really hope that some consideration can be made towards region-based event timing. To lose because of a poor hand is understandable. To lose because we need to sleep... /shrug /sadface

This, exactly what you said, is EXACTLY why I am F2P. I decided this after the Mg Event. Thousands of gold to be pipped in the last hour cos i fell asleep at 4am, after 3 days of playing hardcore.

I can easily afford to spend on the game but what I am not willing to do is wake or stay up  4.30am and 5am to play a game. I don't even wake up at 4.30 to earn money! Only my house being on fire or my wife being in a medical emergency would make me wake at such an hour.

There is no acceptable reason for this too. Hutch says that they base the event times on the most busy period of the day. So, because a portion of their player base like to play at 10pm while lying in bed it means Asia has to play at 4am when we're supposed to sleep.

If europe would just play at say, 4pm, or 6pm, then the rest of the world could all play within regular hours. 

It's incredibly selfish to put europe at the most optimum time, and have another entire continent suffer. They are unwilling to play at a slightly different time during the day in order to allow all of the others to play at a decent time.

No regional start times, because Hutch are too busy finding new cars to put into the game. I am sick of it too. Rant over, till the next event times rant...