Skip to content

Nostalgia

2»

Comments

• grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Me too.  I would have to get roughly three more cabinets to unbox it all and spread it out appropriately.  As of now, I’m out of space for more.

My wife and I each have one set on the media cabinet in the living room.

She keeps her small, but expensive, collection on shelves above her desk.

And I have all my Star Wars ones out in cabinets.  All of my original Space & Technic from my childhood is bagged and boxed, with nowhere to put it.

Envious of your B-wing (is that the UCS one?) I also have a soft spot for the Disney castle!

Still not sure where I'll find room to display the UCS star destroyer though!
  • samagoichisamagoichi Posts: 853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    My wife gave  me this on christmas. Not finish yet but it is so lovely. In fact, we will probably buy the real one in the future. Hope to have it in game when/if Hutch put Volkswagen in play. 

Ready for TopPlanes!

• Huskic69Huskic69 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife gave  me this on christmas. Not finish yet but it is so lovely. In fact, we will probably buy the real one in the future. Hope to have it in game when/if Hutch put Volkswagen in play. 

Ready for TopPlanes!

oo a t1 combi, good luck with buying it :D
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Me too.  I would have to get roughly three more cabinets to unbox it all and spread it out appropriately.  As of now, I’m out of space for more.

And I have all my Star Wars ones out in cabinets.  All of my original Space & Technic from my childhood is bagged and boxed, with nowhere to put it.

Envious of your B-wing (is that the UCS one?) I also have a soft spot for the Disney castle!

Yes, it is the UCS one.  I've also been assembling the pieces for the discontinued Millennium Falcon.  I'm somewhere around 88% done.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

HeissRod said:

No more space, need more slots!!!
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:

Yes, it is the UCS one.  I've also been assembling the pieces for the discontinued Millennium Falcon.  I'm somewhere around 88% done.
    Oh sweet.  Are you going to do one of the awesome palette swap ones?
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    Rawel said:
    oh man, I want this in the game

I think we would risk Dakar thread exploding due to "unexpected" 2cv cross vs Dakar results!
    This 2CV is no joke!!! Just imagine what off-road tires would do on this car when it already now destroys paganis buahaha

• Huskic69Huskic69 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:
    43MK4 said:
    Rawel said:
    oh man, I want this in the game

I think we would risk Dakar thread exploding due to "unexpected" 2cv cross vs Dakar results!
    This 2CV is no joke!!! Just imagine what off-road tires would do on this car when it already now destroys paganis buahaha

I think thats clearly edited
    43MK4 said:
    So I'm currently on a short holiday and travelled back home to visit my family. Now going through some of the few things I still have left from when I was a kid :)
    I saw guys before on the forum posting some pictures of their old car/ trump cards and I recalled I had some of them too - one of them was even a rally car series! :)
    check it out - plenty of our top drives favourites. I recall I got them by trading a formula cars (duplicate) for them. I guess they are 25+ years old.

If you have some cool stuff from back then, share it, post it, let's all have a look! :)

That Citroen 2cv cross would make a great uncommon / common off road tyre car.  The visa 4x4 would be nice too.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:

Oh sweet.  Are you going to do one of the awesome palette swap ones?
    Never even though of doing something like that.  Maybe I'll make my Falcon yellow, to match my 911. :D
  • SnowyOwlSnowyOwl Posts: 241 ✭✭✭
    What about scalextrics 
    Time to resurrect nostalgia thread! I’m back in Europe on a short holiday and visiting my family :) this means it’s time to open my box with stuff I have left from my childhood. Found some more of my old trump cards :)

One more set:

• evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ah, in my country that was the best we could get when I was a kid. They came together with bubblegums

ah, in my country that was the best we could get when I was a kid. They came together with bubblegums

Legendary Turbo gum :)
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    43MK4 said:

Legendary Turbo gum :)
    Oh yeah. I hear it was popular around the old communist block and turkey, dunno where else it turned up.
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first TD-like experience was this sticker collecting album. You could buy packs of stickers, that contained random car stickers, and the goal was to collect them all. There were clubs (not like the ones in TD, real clubs with real people) where you could exchange your duplicate stickers for ones you don't have yet. Oh those were the days.

A couple of new additions and a couple out of storage boxes.  Need to find shelf space for a star destroyer and wallet space for a few other things too!
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    @grandvache love your collection, I'm also a huge lego fan. I've got a few of the Modulars in your pic. Mine are all packed away at the moment but Hoping I can get them out one day...
  • EAmaralEAmaral Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

One of my favorites!

Never got to finish this one (in the box for about 26 years now lol) ... Maybe sometime soon